Lake Mendocino

Lake Mendocino

Friday, January 10, 2014

Blessings During a Difficult Time

In the last three weeks, I have been blessed by and with:

Lunches with friends that give me a reason to leave the hospital room for an hour or two and be distracted by interesting people and conversation

Phone calls from concerned friends and family, near and far. Even if I don't feel much like talking, or don't answer the phone, the contact is comforting

Text messages (see phone calls)

Nurses in the ICU who answer my questions

Nurses in the ICU who take good care of my honey

Nurses in the ICU who encourage me to take care of myself

The best brother-in-law a woman would ask for: Atwood. He has spent every non-working day here with Joe and me. He translates the medical jargon, answers questions I didn't know I had and is wonderfully supportive (sometimes literally holding me up).

Atwood's wife, Bobbie, who is willing to share him and help out as well.

My son who texts me everyday even if it's just to tell me that he loves me; he set up our caring bridge site

My daughter who stepped up and took charge of a one broken paw and one runaway dog

My daughter's boyfriend who made and delivered soup

My extra daughter Emmy who does a daily check in to make sure I am eating/sleeping/taking my meds

My hopefully-someday-soon-daugher-in-law Nichole who makes me goodies, loves us so much and helps me stay sane

The Caring Bridge site where I can write once or twice per day and answer most concerned questions all at once

The time, need and space to write everyday for the first time in years

A chance to cuddle with my grandbaby last night for the first time since Christmas

My neighbor who gets groceries for me

My best gal-pal Annie who helps me hide my gray hair in time for the new semester to begin

Kimmy who put my Christmas decorations away upon request, then tidied the rest of the house.

Homemade ready to eat or reheatable meals from multiple sources

Folks who insist on bugging me about what I need, and getting answers that help

Supportive co-workers

The chance to reestablish cordial relations with my in-laws

Andrea who came to do energy work with Joe and support me, and her husband Kevin who holds my hand and lends me his shoulder

Karen, my friend the medical transcriptionist, who gives me nearly as much info as Atwood

This is not a complete list, and it continues to grow. I promise to continue to recognize and appreciate the many blessings in whatever form they take
.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
















No comments: