Lake Mendocino

Lake Mendocino

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Consider yourself warned

I've never actually been one to journal in any kind of consistent or regular or honest manner, so blogging has been a bit of a stretch for me. While anyone who knows me will agree that if you want to know something about you me all you have to do is ask, and likely I'll hand over more information that you really wanted, I simply don't assume that the whole world wants to know my business. Nor do I assume that putting down my most personal private thoughts is a safe thing to do in any form, yet I am a memoir-ist. Go figure.

Back to my point.

In a few short weeks the anniversary of Miriam's death will be here. This has begun a sequence of grief related responses in my house. A few weeks later will be the anniversary of my mother's death, then my father's.

Last summer simply sucked.

And dealing with the losses was not easy nor simple. So I did what I could, put my head down, and moved forward. Apparently it is time to look up again, face my surroundings, my feelings, my fears and my grief.

A blog seems as good a place as any to do that.

I am a fairly inconsistent blogger. A handful of wonderful people check it fairly regularly (according to site meter), but there is rarely anything new.

The plan from today forward is: to write what I am feeling, good or bad, about the people that have been lost to me, and to my extended family, and just how much it hurts or how much I need to process, or whatever the hell I need to write.

This is cyberspace and the possibilities for reading my blog are infinite. This is cyberspace, after all, and the probability of many reading this blog is infinitesimal.

So consider yourself warned.

No comments: