Lake Mendocino

Lake Mendocino

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Sense of Accomplishment

Yesterday I:
1- Worked on my book proposal.
2- Submitted an essay to a contest (to Missouri Review It Started with a Kiss and Ended in Silence).
3- Finally got an envelope to Susan Cohen for letters of recommendation.
4- Receive a very nice rejection from Sara Lawrence's publication Lumina thanking me for my submission, but regrettably they can't publish it.
5- Did lots of practical chores and errand running (including buying blinds to put up in my office).

Today I:
1- Submitted an essay for a fellowship contest (Writers at Work Dust and Dried Blood).
2- Trimmed the rose bushes.
3- Scooped the yard.
4- Checked on my dossier at AWP.
5- Printed out as essay to submit tomorrow (Lessons in Love to The Sun).
6- Did some laundry.
7- Worked 1/2 hour and got paid for 1 hour evaluating essays.
8- Remembered that I will likely have a job before all the big bills come due. I'm not lame, I'm not lazy, I'm not unemployable. I'm just getting started. (hold that thought!)

No comments: